Our NMC lawyers are specialist nursing law barristers with a background is the nursing and midwifery professions. We focus defending the interests of nurses and midwives facing fitness to practise allegations before the Nursing and Midwifery Council. If you are in this position, get the best team behind you. NMC defence barristers provide nurses an excellent service.
Our nursing law barristers provide a professional service of the highest calibre. We keep you informed during the development of your case with regular updates and make sure you remain in control of your own case.
- Application for registration for nurses trained in the UK
- Application for registration for nurses trained in EU of EAA
- Application for registration for nurses trained outside the EU or EAA
- Advice on declaring police charges cautions or convictions
- Appeals against refusal of registration
- Advice on re-admission to the register
- Advice on voluntary removal from the register
- Advice on returning to the register after voluntary removal
- Advice if your registration has lapsed
- Advice on returning to the register after a fitness to practise sanction
Complaints / Disciplinary Issues
- What to do if a complaint is made against you
- Internal disciplinary hearings
- Internal investigations
- Appeals against disciplinary hearing outcome
Fitness To Practise
- What to do if you have been referred to the NMC
- Consensual Panel Determinations
- Advice on the NMC investigatory process
- Advice, assistance and representation for hearings before the Conduct and Competence Committee
- Advice, assistance and representation for hearings before the Health Committee
- Interim Orders Hearings
- Appeals against the decisions of the NMC
Do you need NMC lawyers to help with fitness to practise appeals?
Our NMC Defence Barristers are here to help!
Get in touch with us for professional advice and assistance with your case
Our NMC lawyers have considerable experience representing clients before a variety of tribunals. We provide legal services for nurses and have defended the interests of numerous nurses and midwives working in a wide variety of clinical settings. NMC Defence Barristers represent nurses and midwives of all grades and with all manner of experience and skills. Engaging the services of our barristers is a cost-effective way of challenging fitness to practise allegations at the NMC as we operate under the public access scheme. This gives us major financial benefits in the crowded legal marketplace. You will be informed of the cost of pursuing your matter before you proceed with any appeal.
Contact us as early as possible to receive professional assistance.